Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

how to lose weight quickly and efficently?

need to lose weight quickly for my fashion show

serious answers only

thanx!!!!!!!!!!

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How quickly you can lose weight depends upon a number of factors, including how much you really need to lose. There are no magic solutions - a nutritious diet and exercise are the two things you need to consider.

If you make a few life style changes you should be able to lose some weight, but you probably can't lose a lot quickly. Aim for a couple of pounds a week at most. You need to have a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound. This is a system that has worked well for me and several friends have also been successful with it.

1. Eat three nutritious meals and three snacks everyday. Cut out junk food. Many people make the mistake of not eating enough when they try to lose weight and then become discouraged.

2. Drink lots of water - at least 8 big glasses as day. Lots of water is essential. Stop drinking soda and other drinks with useless calories. Eat fresh fruit instead of fruit juices - the juices are very high in calories.

3. Begin a simple weight lifting program at home or at a gym. Ordinary household items (tins of soup, for example) can actually serve as weights for beginners. Buy yourself a good weight lifting book for women. Actually the "dummies" series of books has done a rather good one.

4. Walk, walk, walk. Buy yourself a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day.

5. Record everything you eat and all your exercise to make sure you have a "calorie deficit". Two of the sites I've included will help you do that. Basically buring more calories than you take in leads to weight loss. You need a deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound.

6. If you drive, do less of it and park at the back of the parking lot instead of close to the door. Always use stairs - never the elevator or escalator.

7. A mini stepper is an easy piece to equipment to have at home and gives great results. I bought mine at a second hand store for $4. Even if you use it for a minute or two several times a day it can make a big difference.

I hope these thoughts help. Good luck with it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey, it's almost New Years. What a great time to make a resolution to lose weight! I wish you the best of luck in it.

You really have to look at two areas of your life and adjust them to match your goals:

* Diet

* Exercise

You simply can't get around these two facts. You have to consume fewer calories than you burn each day to loose weight. So if you don't change your diet, then you'll have to exercise more. Frankly, it's easier to adjust both things. Eat less, or eat smarter and exercise moderately. You don't have to go overboard. A 20 minute walk around the block is exercise.

Find someone who can share the goal with you. Another overweight friend who will walk with you. That helps a lot. You can encourage each other.

Here are a few other resources that might be helpful to you:

Lose Weight and Gain Muscle -> http://watersaffl.burnthefat.hop.clickbank.net?tid...

Weight Loss for Dummies -> http://watersaffl.4idiots.hop.clickbank.net?tid=YA...

Weight Watchers -> http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

Good luck! Hopefully this time next year, you'll be a fraction of your former self ;)

• 1 decade ago

If you are serious about losing weight, the calories

in the food you eat should be less than the

energy you use. You will have to increase your

metabolic rate and plan your diet carefully.

Formulate your own weight loss plan and you will

lose weight faster. More details available at

http://tinyurl.com/m7ckx

• 1 decade ago

i have lost 30 pounds its very simple eat less, work out more if i get hungry i just take a few bites and get up and walk around when you come back you wont want it it feels way better to be in your skinny jeans than that last bite of whatever you were eating that last bite tasted the same as the first bite and were not children anymore, we dont need to eat full meals the whole clean your plate thing, we have to get that out of our head dont clean your plate take it to the sink full the fuller the plate the better lol i have never made my kids clean their plates its something that get stuck in their little heads till they are adults and then they have to clean their plate as a habit, stomachs stretch and its a very hard habit to break so just easier to eat less, work out more

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

take a break from blue moon belgian white a 164 calorie treat and grab a miller genuine draft which is only 64 cals

• 5 years ago

having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism

• 5 years ago

Consume low calorie food

• 4 years ago

Try a cardio routine that engages multiple muscles simultaneously

• 1 decade ago

if u are in singapore,there are a lots of program for reducing your weight. just look at newspapers. but my friend told me she tried one in bugis. she said it works, 2 weeks after she told me she lost 5 kgs !!!

^ ^

• 4 years ago

sweep your floors for 15 minutes then vacuum for 15

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.