Why won't my flash player work anymore?

In the last 2 months I have not been able to view any thing online that uses flash player. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the flash player several times, and it didn't work. After I reinstalled it, it says it's installed, but doesn't work. I have gone to the flash player problem area on adobe's web site, and followed all of the steps. Nothing has worked. What can I do?

No new fire wall or proxy server.

Favorite Answer

Try this: Go to Internet Options. Programs tab. Click Manage Add-ons. Look for Shockwave flash player. If you have IE7 you can delete from here. If you are still at IE6, I believe that you can only disable or update.

Have you looked to see if the Flash player has been updated since you've downloaded it last? Even if it hasn't been updated, I would suggest re-downloading it and trying that way.. Maybe your file somehow became corrupt. Make sure all your system software is up to date.. That can also cause a problem when it comes to flash.

Have you installed a new firewall or proxy server? If you installed any new program recently (besides the player obviously) then that may be it.

If this is not your home computer, then it would be hard to tell if there is something new installed because it may not be on your computer but on your server. (in businesses, schools, etc.)

For flash work, Fixit here http://goo.gl/E9DmDY