Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

Has anyone used the drug ZONE GRAN for use other than EPILEPSY or weight loss?

I'm going to a pain management doctor and he said go home and look it up and see if I want to try it for pain but, I don't see anywhere on the net were it is used for pain. Any help please.

Favorite Answer

I have not used it, but I have given it. Zonegran helps reduce the frequency of partial epileptic seizures, a form of epilepsy in which neural disturbances are limited to a specific region of the brain and the victim remains conscious throughout the attack. The drug is used in combination with other antiseizure medications, not by itself.

A very exciting recent placebo-controlled trial published in JAMA April 9, 2003 issue by Kishore Gadde, M.D. et. al., demonstrated a significant weight loss in obese patients taking zonegran at a dose of at least 400 mg per day. At 32 weeks, the average patient demonstrated a 9.4% weight loss. They lost on average 4 inches in the waist. Patients lost weight in weeks 16 to 32 (although at a slower rate than weeks 0- 16 ) so the final weight loss is not known. This data adds to other data seen in epilepsy patients which found weight loss as well. At least one study suggested that females were more likely to lose weight than males.

In open label trials, Zonegran® has been shown effective in reducing the number of migraines.

In open label add on trials, Zonegran® has been shown to be effective in some forms of neuropathic pain. To answer your question, the use of this drug is still under investigation for neuropathic pain. I don't know what kind of pain you have, but neuropathic pain is the pain one would experience that is caused by nerves such as in peripheral neuropathy patients that have diabetes. Do you have pain in your feet or lower legs? It may help that kind of pain - any other kind, I would have to question.

If you should be searching the most effective risk-free therapy method to help your own personal body's build an ability to eradicate the hurt of neuropathy then that book Neuropathy Solution from here https://tr.im/2Th6M will help you.

Neuropathy Solution Program will sustaining your 97 billion neurons that could assist in therapeutic from neuropathy, guard you from serious metal killer, improving belly power

dog paddle for 17 minutes

Hi there,

I was a neuropathy sufferer, I couldn't sleep because of my horrible nerves pain. I got much better thanks to this natural program: http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=569

Try it, it really helped me.

Hope it helps.

restrict your food intake drastically will slow down your metabolism