Why do so many celebrities think they have to voice their opinion on everything?

It is a very good point, We al do have opinions and want them heard, that is why we all get on here and speak our minds.

Favorite Answer

I believe all citizens have the right to voice their opinions including celebrities. Unfortunately, most celebrities in America are not very well educated and have not even completed a university degree. This leaves them with a loud voice and little analytical skills to understand the complex issues which we all face.

Because the media afford them that opportunity knowing it sells newspapers etc - something they rarely do with lesser mortals. It's also the reason why so many celebrities write books, design clothes, create perfumes etc ... (most of which they don't actually do themselves, but the marketing people know they'll get first rate media attention with their name on the product, and it'll sell even if it isn't much good). This will never change while all those of us who "idolise" celebrities, hang on their every word and buy all their low-grade products continue to do so!

With the media perpetually putting them on a pedestal and asking their opinions, sadly, some celebrities, (most of whom are no smarter than your average human, and some a whole lot less so), actually start believing that what they have to say is crucially important!

good question

though I remember that ONCE, a French actress (can't remember her name) had been invited to a (French) talk show, and people started asking her the usual "what do you think of war / famine / aids / other"

and she said: "you know, before I became famous I was just the average girl next door, average intelligence. Now that I'm famous I have not magically become smarter - so I don't see why there would be a point in asking me about these matters"

too bad she was the only celebrity I ever saw respond in such a mature way ;-)

They don't think They have to they just can. Everyone has an opinion on something, most are just not heard. Celebrities can voice their opinion on anything and they are always heard.

B/c they know so many people read the tabloids and watch tv just to see what they are up to. They no that if want to voice something it will be heard b/c they are celebrities and everyone wants in on the gossip/news

• Miki

for the same reason we all in here voice our opinion. we all want to be heard. its just that celebrities may speak out more because they are famous and feel they have power to make a change.

• Casey

Sam reason why all of us on Yahoo Answers think we have to voice OUR opinion on everything, I guess. It's just that the world pays more attention to the celebrities.

They think they have a voice because of their popularity status. And since celebrities are very influential to our life. They too are normal people and have a opinion but should keep it to themselves.

Unfortunately everyone has an opinion, and since we have some freedom of speech, and I use that loosely since in today's society, freedom is only for those that can afford it. And these people can afford it. No matter what they say, someone will listen, weather it's controversial, or not, they will get 5 minutes for saying it.

Part of it is that people pay attention to what they have to say simply because they are a celebrity. Part of it is that the celebrities are often asked their opinions. Part of it is that they have the attention of a mass audience and can't resist taking advantage of it. Part of it is that they are driven to celebrity status by their desire to be the center of attention.