Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is he really worth it?

OK ME AND THIS GUY THAT I BEEN DATING FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW AND LIKE IM STILL YOUNG IM ONLEE 15 YEARS OLD BUT I CHOSE HIM OVER MY FAMILY BECAUSE I REALLY LOVE HIM ALOT BUT TO ME WEN I LOOK AT HIM ITS LIKE HE DONT KARE AM I DUMB??

Favorite Answer

You are nut dumb. You are young.

For heavens sake, you have so much life to live and here you are a 15 year old caught up in loving someone who is proving himself not interested. Don't chose any man over your family because you will find yourself groveling back to your family after he breaks your heart.

No, I bet you are not dumb just in love! Love makes us do things that we wouldn't normally do. Listen! You are 15... I know you've probably heard that you are too young, but I know you don't feel you are. So, that said, I'm not going to tell you you are too young. You are obviously not too young to have these deep feelings. However, you are "inexperienced" in these matters. What you feel now may change tomorrow. I know you are saying NO, WAY! Two years with someone at your age is a big deal! I realize that. However, any boy, man, friend, or whatever, that puts you in a position where you have to choose between your family and him is not right for you. Why? Because those that love us and are mature know that families are important. Maybe you are thinking: "But, you don't know MY family?" It almost doesn't matter who they are...family of wild animals even, watch for the well being of other family members. Unless they are in need of serious psychiatric care a family member will watch for your needs. That means they will help you see what they think is right or wrong for you. The problem is communication is very difficult at times and parents, especially, come across as controlling instead of helpful. Please know their heart is usually in the right place. Also, now and in the future, beware of men who want to alienate you from family and friends. It is a form of psychological abuse and most importantly it is usually because they don't want you to know something about them. It is not good for him if you keep in touch with family or certain friends because if they know him they'll tell you who he really is! See? You say he's like "he doesn't care." Unfortunately you are probably right. You haven't talked about sex here. If the sex/kissing or whatever physical involvement you have were to stop, would he still be interested? Try it. If he is just not that into you why are you with him. Leave. (I'd hate for you to end up pregnant too!) By the way, I bet your family will always be there even if they ever said they wouldn't be. I hope I'm not coming across as patronizing for my heart is also in the right place. Listen to your gut feelings, they are telling you something isn't right in this relationship with this guy otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question. I'll be bold and suggest that when this relationship ends you take a LONG break (like a year) before starting another relationship. Ya know...just have friends, boys and girls, hang out with your family, focus on your education and your future, be the best you can be, and most importantly spend time loving yourself, growing! Best of luck to you!

you're not dumb you're just young and in love. But you cant put no man before your family because they will always be here for you when that man will leave you whenever he feels like it. If you feel that he is not into you, you need to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with him and let him know how you feel.. You're still young maybe he is not the one for you , you will never know until you experience more in life. And you have to get back right with your family, you may never know when you are going to really need them. He is not worth it, you have your whole life ahead of you and you have more than enough time to find mr right

You should never chose a guy over your family. Your family is just trying to look out for you. Maybe you need to take a break from this guy. and get back in touch with your family. You are young and still have time to find Mr. Right.

Wow, that is a long time? But never choose a guy over your family. They are there for you all the time, unlike your guy. If you feel he doesn't care for you then leave him. You have many years ahead of you and you will meet many guys. Good luck on making the right choices.

Yes, you are very naive. Eventually, he is going to break up with you and the only people who are going to be there are your family!!! Stop and think about what you are doing

• Rachel

Don't start dating till you're 21. There. Simple as that.

He doesn't love you,,,,,, nor does he deserve you, he is probably cheating on you, and you would never know it, because everything he says is a lie.

u took him over spelling too..r u dumb?? do u have to ask?

KAN U LIKE NOT TYPE IN ALL KAPS? (AND LIKE SPELL BETTAR?)