why do we like (or become interested in ) jerks more , than we do in nice , sensible guys ?

in other words , why in hell do we become more interested in someone who is obviously paying less attention? or if we find someone who actually idolizes us , we tend to walk the opposite way? ( or does this only happen to me and i´m screwed up)

Favorite Answer

The bad boys make life interesting, some people think. Personally, they aren't my thing. I'm a nerd girl, I love computer boys.

Some girls date jerks because they're dressed cool, have a lot of money and a nice car, or they're just really good looking and that girl is just acting shallow. She's not looking for a personality, or someone deeper who really cares and actually treats her right. Nice guys I think can do much more then shallow jerks can ever do. I'm a Gemini!

you are NOT interested in jerks. if you were you wouldn't be posting this question. You however do end up with jerks coz of diffrent factors.

Jerks can be real jerks but again they are more fun person, very much in control of themselves, usually very confident, don't chase you around like a tail wagging dog, lets you chase them for a change, often argues about stuff (not fight) which forces you to think abt them for long and abt what they said, lets you be yourself for most part and takes charge of most situations.

It is actually those qualities that women fall for not for their jerkish attitudes. If nice guys had those (which is rarely seen) no girls would ever run after a jerk.

But alas by the time most girls kiss their frog prince who is not that fun but treats them good all the time they have already kissed many fun frogs who will probably never be a prince.

hope this helps.

All women do it, it goes back thousands of years. Women want a protecter so they pick the rough, tough, azzole, cuz he is a protector. I have 5 sisters and we talk alot. They all agree and admit that the reason men will never understand women is becuse women don't understand themselves or their own actions. Thats why they change their mind all the time! I am a bad boy on the outside, muscles, tattoos, rugged look but I am a romantic teddy bear on the inside and can't keep a women. Women say that they want a nice, caring, compassionate, affectionate, kind gental man but they pick a jerk that is just interested in their appearance and will leave them as soon as he gets bored or her looks fade.

Source(s): My Entire life! I have been Used and thrown away like trash! I know how women feel, women sleep with me, date me for 3 months and move on.

No some girls are like that, maybe because they are affraid of a serious committed relationship or just like the fighting... Some girls find the guys who idolizes her to be smoothering and always around when they want free time. so for the jerks are always away. so it is hard to tell why human nature acts that way.

well we defenetlly are atracted to bad guys more then good ones cause we see them more intrested and more like a challenge with a good guy that is conquer allready but until the bad guy doesnt break our heart is not that we think about the good guy who wanted a chance, all i am trying to say sometimes looking for some excitement is not always the right thing to do i know because i learn a very hard way

Used to be like that until I realized that my heart getting broken all the time was in actual fact my own fault. Therefore, I changed the dating thought process and found an extremely nice, decent guy, who loves me 100%. So far, I've had no regrets and we are now currently planning our wedding next year.

It doesn't just happen to you or else we wouldn't get variations of this question so much...from guys and girls. Good guys lament why they are always left for a bad boy.

Personally, I don't understand it either. I married a good guy and we have had a long, happy marriage. He treats me like a queen, gets me anything I want and is very protective of me. I treat him the same. If you go for the bad boys who aren't that interested, how are you ever going to have a happy life? I just don't get it.

This is normal female reactions. When I was younger I used to be a sensitive, caring young man. Then I realized if I acted like myself, loud, outgoing, aggressive, horny, I got more women.

Nowadays, when I treat my wife nice, such as clean the house, cook dinner, take the kids out so she has time to relax, send her flowers, then she craps all over me and we have lousy sex. But if I act inndifferent, go out with my friends a lot, tell her to hit the gym, then she kisses my a*s and we have great sex.

It's instinctual, a woman wants to know her man is strong. No sign of weakness.

Most women including myself and friends, always want what isnt good for us. Dont know why but we love bad boys!!! Then when they turn around and give us their butts to kiss we are crying and asking ourselves what did we do wrong. Its the same with men they will sleep with the trashyiest women but the woman that they end up marrying is just the opposite. I think it is human nature to want what isnt good.