Friend having first baby, must lay down til delivery, need ideas to keep mind busy, decrease stress.?

She's 28 wks and spent 1 wk in hospital. She's home with 24 hr help til the baby decides to arrive.Her religion does not allow many of our worldly activities, and she isn't even able to write a letter so is just laying there waiting. Time passes very slowly that way.

She is not allowed to sit up, even tilted on pillows, writing and hand use is difficult while holding it up in the air. She reads, has a connect four game, but doesn't know how to play solitaire.

Favorite Answer

Can she scrapbook? If she has some pictures she can start a scrapbook for when baby comes. It's fun and it will be nice for the baby to have when they are older.

I was on bed rest with my 3rd child. I did plenty of cross word puzzles and listened to books on audio. I also had a solitaire electronic game I played constantly!

How reading some books, crossword puzzles, knitting or crocheting. She could make the baby a blanket and a little coming home hat & sweater!

• Velken

Can she not read a book? Or knit/sew/embroider? Or study religious texts? Can she do word puzzles? There has to be something she can do. Its hard to believe she can't even write a letter. I cannot imagine a doctor saying that.

• ffffff

Get her a Nintendo DS. Those things keep you entertained for hours. Especially Tetris DS and Mario Kart DS.

This isn't a sexist thing but my wife is starting knitting today, just to see if it can eat up some time. She'll be 30 weeks on thursday.

She could read nice baby books or decide on baby clothes

or meditate and read her religious books. Maybe other women

of her religion could give her other ideas. Good luck with the

baby!!

Try playing board games! They have many different kinds and it might just take her mind off of it!

Get a movie that she has never seen! Yall watch that!

Hope everything goes well!!!

What about audiobooks? You just pop it into a walkman or stereo and listen to it. There great!

Source(s): www.talkingbookworld.com

Can you show her how to do a craft? Like crocheting or needlepoint?