Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Associates Degree?

I am currently working on completing an Associates Arts Degree in Social Science field, How can I find jobs pertaining to my particular degree?, my degree sheet says Teacher, Social Services, Buisness, and Counselor...any links would be helpful?

• Ranto
    Favorite Answer

An associates degree is certainly better than no college -- but it is meant as a stepping stone to a four year college. Continue your education.

To put things in perspective -- what does an associate's degree mean. To answer this -- I have two questions:

1. What do they call someone who goes to a community college for two years? -- Someone with an associates degree.

2. What do they call someone who goes to Harvard for two years and leaves with a 4.0 average? A college dropout.

What does this mean? It means that if you stop your education now, there are college dropouts with a better education -- and they are more likely to get decent jobs than you are.

eh in the career field you will find Associates Degrees only go so far. I would say that the best bet for you to find a job would be probably as an entry level human resourse position or possibly just a general buisness position like a secretary.

Teachers generally need 4 year degrees in education, Social workers have tons of certification they need, and Counselors need alot of experience. Good luck finding a job in that field with that degree.