Work & Stress?

I am 31 weeks pregnant and I have a good paying job with insurance, but my boss is a total ***. He makes rude and uncalled for remarks all the time. This in turn makes me very stressed and cry. I can't afford to quit until I have my baby due to I need the insurance. Does anyone have any sugestions on dealing with this until January? I hear that stress can cause preterm labor.

I have been biting my tongue for months now. I just dont know how much longer I can deal with the stress. Thank you for all your answers though. I am trying to keep my head up but its hard.

Favorite Answer

Either talk to his boss, or to Human Resources about how uncomfortable you are with his behavior (be sure to make a list of his behavior and be specific.) Good luck.

poor thing, cant you tell on him?

Just start being rude right back maybe he will calm down a bit, let him know you cant just be stepped all over because you are a woman or below him!

And DONT let him see you cry! Good Luck, at least your not 12 weeks and have a LONG time to go, your almost there, then you can tae maternity leave, come back for a few weeks and give your 2 weeks notice! ( do this so your insurance will pay for everything, and your maternity leave is paid for!)

well if you have saved up sick days or vacation time..I say use as many as you can between now and january. Also you can tell your doctor towards the end that you can't stay on your feet that long and ask her to write you a docs note..requesting early maternity leave...that way you get out of your job quicker & you'll still have your insurance..just don't go back after your maternity leave is up :) Hope I was of some help to you!! GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS!!

Source(s): mommy of two lil boys & due in april with baby #3

Kind of in the same predicament. The best you can do is just bite your tongue until January. Try to look at the positive...you have insurance through them.

Try to avoid him and if you can't talk to him. Tell him how you feel and if that's impossible then try locating another job. You can get the government to pay for your medical expenses while pregnant.

Source(s): Experience-pregnant with #2

Talk to personnel about it. If he is the boss, and you can't talk to anyone besides him, just tune him out. You better toughen up before that baby is born.

is there someone higher up than him you can talk to? you need to be working in a low stress job (even if yours is high stress) for your pregnancy and by law, your work has to work around you, not the other way around. report him to someone and get this taken care of.