Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

hacker tracker?

does anyone know of some free software online that i can use to track a hacker? How do you really know if your computer is being hacked?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • piquet
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the most you would get would be their ip address, the name of their pc, and possibly a (very) rough idea of where they are. all of which are of little use unless you're going to report it to the authorities - in which case you'd obviously need proof a law has been broken.

checking system/router logs, scanning for trojans using antivirus software, checking if active network connections all belong to you, and looking for suspicious processes running in the background are all ways of detecting unusual activity.

• 1 decade ago

Most decent firewall programs will allow you to trace an attack.

With the IP you can do a NSLOOKUP and contact the ISP. They can get their service cancelled, it is a felony to "hack" someones PC

• maysey
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

my chum that's only basically a openion from me u can settle for or throw it to trash. messenger isn't hacked. r u utilising outlook if specific could virus hazard in outlook or appropriate archives. exchange u r antivirus use kaspersky.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try get norton internet security

it's great

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope sorry.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.