If I took delivery on a vehicle and was unable to get financing, What do I do?

I have contacted the dealer and they that I cannot return the car and it is my problem to get it financed.

Favorite Answer

Take the car back and leave it with the dealer. They just don't want to undo the sale, however if they delivered the car, they did it based on a credit report and an initial analysis that you would qualify for financing. They have alternate methods of financing, so put the onus on them to find it.

I have been selling cars for 12 years and have never heard of that. That means you don't own the car the dealer does. Way too much liability. If the dealer can't get you financied why should they think that you can

are your serious? what do you think you should do? Contact the dealer/seller and see what your options are. Other wise return the car. it's common sense. or look for financing elsewhere. But you need to contact whom ever you purchased the car from and explain the situation. Other wise they can report the car stolen, which will cause a whole new world of pain for you.

Source(s): 15 years restoring and repairing classic cars.

What?

Let me see, you took delivery of a car, didn't pay for it and the dealer says it's your problem.. no it's their problem!

If you signed a bank contract with the dealer it is their problem to get it funded, you have a legal bill of sale.

you are mad go back to the dealor and tell them the hole story they will keep the sale and finance the sale out of the house the intrest rates will be sky high but your credit and good name will not be damaged tell the truth it is better that ending in jail.....

buying and selling car trucks ect since i was 10 years old .........

I would continue to drive it and tell them that your working on it, They cannot report it stolen, you have a contract. All they can do is take you to civil court and then you would have to return the car, or they repo it

There's always a loan for the right interest rate.

I agree

TAKE IT BACK