Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how can i become popular in high school?

dont laugh at me or say i am immature. if you want to say that, say it to your self loser. i just want to know how you other girls do it! i am not a nerd, i and actually fairly popular myself. i was just inquiring.

Update:

but i want to be a nice popular person! not a stuck up snob! i am a girl and i can try the preppy thing. HELP!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Be a good dresser...wear good brands and what is in style. Wear what the other popular girls are wearing. Be confident, get good grades, and try to get involved in something you are good at (music, sports, art, student government, etc) so that you can get your name out there and have people know who you are. "Oh hey, that's that one girl that is good at _____". Be nice to EVERYONE.

Figure out who the "most popular" gorup is at your school. Make sure its the smart, talented group of popular kids (the ones that will for sure go to college), not the slutty dumb group of popular kids. What are they good at? What activities are they involved in? Get involoved in those same things, sit by them at lunch, do school projects with them,. anything to get in with the group. Don't do anything stupid, like drugs or sex or anything....if they are doing these things, they will never amount to anything and you don't want to be part of that.

Source(s): i was one of the popular girls in HS...and i know how important it was at the time. It doesnt matter now that i look back on it, tho. (I'm 23 now, graduated HS in 2001. )
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

define popularity? If your talking about the standard set in movies and tv. Then here are my realistic idea's on how to become "popular". If you have a good body, show it off. Find an easy target, like a nerd, ugly person, or someone with no friends to make fun of and people will think your funny. Start going to more parties. Get drunk and make out with some other hott girls. Those are just a few ideas that might help you become "popular" in high school. It works in my high school. I wouldn't reccomend any of those things though if you actually want to get somewhere in life and have people actually respect you.

• 1 decade ago

Last year i was not that popular at school, i hung around in a small group and didn't really pay attention to anyone else. This year though I have been talking and being really nice to everyone and my popularity has gone up! :-) Just remember to keep your old friends even if you make more because otherwise your popularity might go right back down the drain again!

• 1 decade ago

You know what.. Just interact with people. You know how in high school there are groups. Well just talk to people in every different group. Dont think that ONLY hanging out with the "popular" group will make you popular, becuase it wont necessairly do that. If yo want to be nice then be nice to everybody. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you want to be popular be nice to everyone. Join many clubs and teams in your school. Speak up in class. This will make you more popular in your high school. Just don't forget to be nice to everyone.

• alia
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Being standard isn't constantly greater effective. Alot of circumstances, youngsters get standard by attempting to impact the favored team and that team makes a decision who they like to enable into their clique and who're going to be their aims. youngsters will do something they might to grow to be standard and on occasion, it even capacity taking risky measures to get into the gang. they are going to act like those standard youngsters so as that the gang thinks he/she is cool. on occasion, they are going to soak up undesirable measures like smoking, eating, and entering into gangs that do nasty issues like stealing. in actuality, one will become standard by performing like the favored clique till somebody contained in the clique recognizes their habit and thinks they're cool sufficient to enable them to in. standard human beings don't have all of it like the unpopulars think of. they're snotty people who do no longer recognize the which capacity of duty and manners. i'm no longer asserting your cousin is like this, yet maximum are. So, i might only propose her to no longer get in over her head.

• RENE H
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

So something really BIG, and nice

• 1 decade ago

be yoursef. do what you do best. that's the best advice anyone can give.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.