Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

How are bi-polar people judged by society?

I am bipolar and I'm just curious to see how me and other manic depressive's are judged by society?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My father and two of my cousins are bipolar, while I have symptoms but haven't been tested. I think a lot of people don't know what it actually is.. I often hear people (usually teenagers) saying, "Oh my god, you're so bipolar!" Just because someone has a quick mood change. It's kind of irritating, actually.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most people will never know that you are, unless you tell them. If you are on good program of therapy and medicine there is absolutely no reason to tell them. I'd imagine if you did, they would find you a little less trustworthy and be uncomfortable talking about your mental illness.

• 1 decade ago

Who isn't bi-polar?

• ChaliQ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I don't know because I usually don't carre what they think.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.