Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My husband is in morocco, and I am in the US. can he get a tourist visa to come to the US ?

OR, a temporary visa of some kind. If so what kind of information does he need to apply for the visa???

Need to know ASAP. Thanks

11 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Listen to Yak Rider, above. Your husband is an intending immigrant. He is not eligible for a non-immigrant visa. End of story. Stop asking.

  • 1 decade ago

    If he tells them his wife is in the US they will not give him a tourist visa. They will assume he's attempting to get around the process for a spouse visa.

    If he lies, he might get a visa. Of course, once he's here and applies for change of status there's that matter of the lie he told to get here. They might deport him and make you start over.

    Why not just do it the right way? You keep posting this question under different names. I guess you don't like the answers you get.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Only if you are a U.S. Citizen/ Permanent Resident, see below:


    In order for a relative to sponsor you to immigrate to the United States, they must meet the following criteria:

    They must be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and be able to provide documentation providing that status.

    They must prove that they can support you at 125% above the mandated poverty line, by filling out an Affidavit of Support

    The relatives which may be sponsored as an immigrant vary depending on whether the sponsor is a U.S. Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.

    If the sponsor is a U.S. Citizen, they may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the U.S:

    Husband or wife

    Unmarried child under 21 years of age

    Unmarried son or daughter over 21

    Married son or daughter of any age

    Brother or sister, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old, or

    Parent, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old.

    If the sponsor is a lawful permanent resident, they may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the U.S.:

    Husband or wife, or

    Unmarried son or daughter of any age.

    In any case, the sponsor must be able to provide proof of the relationship.

  • 1 decade ago

    getting tourist visa is very difficult and he has to prove that he will come back, and believe me the interview officers are not stupid,if you are planning to get him here thru tourist visa and then apply for marriage visa i would not recommend tourist visa because for marriage visa he will have to go back again and go thru the whole process again, if you are a u s citizen or green card holder the best thing is to apply for spouse visa there in morocco or here in u s.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jack C
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    If you are a US citizen, then he will most likely not get a tourist visa, because he is not a tourist.

    If there is some sort of emergency, like a funeral to attend, or a seriously ill child, he could probably get an emergency waiver. He needs to show proof of the emergency, as well as proof that he will return to Morocco.

  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    you could continually attempt to save on with for a vacationer visa. you'd be granted one in the adventure that your husband has no longer filed to sponsor you. If he has and also you're already contained in the gadget, then your software for a vacationer visa will be denied. you would possibly want to reveal information to the Consul on your interview that you've reliable ties on your usa and that you'll bypass decrease back. be able to reveal information of employment, monetary company account statements, information of abode possession, and so on. in case you'd be staying for better than six months contained in the U. S., you would possibly want to save on with for extension early once you're already right here, some months previously your six months is up. carry a duplicate of your software with you the position ever you bypass. reliable luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    He probably could just go to the embassy and get one I think.

    At least a tourist visa.

    Source(s): best guess
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If you're not a U.S. citizen or don't have permanent resident (i.e. green card) status, he'll have to go through the same procedure as everyone else: visit the local consulate and apply for a visa.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Have your husband call the nearest US Embassy or Consulate and ask them what is required. It is that easy. Then complete all the paper work that is required (a little less easy) and tell the truth.

  • 1 decade ago

    he has to go to the US Embassy in Rabat and apply for the visa. It might take quite some time for it to clear and the lines are ominous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.