Do you have to belong to a religion in order to belive in god?

Favorite Answer

I don't like religion.a preacher told me I was sinner because I fell asleep in church.a preacher told my 5 year old he was going to hell because he was not baptized.religion is for MAN and what man wants you to believe,not GOD.I believe if you live your life as a good person.you don't need religion.look at all the preachers that are molesting children.religion is a joke,father forgive my sins is a joke.

• Ghapy

Religion is practise of faith using rules developed by man, based on culture and tradition and never anything real. Religion is not necessary to have faith, but it provides what it necessary for the many people who need something more concrete to make sense of. In truth, all religion ever was in the first place was a way to control the populace, but old habits die hard.

No, I belong to a religion because I believe in God.

I now belong to all religions. I am spiritual person and therefore near GOD - The Generator Organizer and Destroyer

No, although I do believe wisdom can be obtained from religion. Religion is not the end all, but a vehicle to get us to a predetermined destination.

No. Agnostic people generally believe in a God, but usually don't commit to any organized religion.

Jesus said, "I AM the Way Truth & Life. No one comes to the Father except by Me.".

Jesus said that if we seek Him with all our heart we will find Him.

To believe in God & be restored in relationship to God, you must be born of God. Not belong to a religious order.

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through faith.

So, the heart faith is all that is necessary. Heart felt confession to God.

God looks at the hearts that are turned toward Him.

But to believe there is a God, doesn't save anyone. The devils believe there is a God. True heart faith confession that Jesus Christ is your Lord & believing in the atonement for sins & resurrection. That is just inviting the love of God into your heart. It is heart change.

The knowledge of God is a part of one's being. Society's conditioning represses that knowledge. Religion is the search to regain what was lost. The answer to your question is NO, but it can help.

No - I don't belong to any religion and I believe in God - I belong to God's church - you know the one Jesus came and established!

• KathyS

Not at all. Organized religions tend to teach many wrong things.