Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how to start a conversation?

how to start

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've found that sincere compliments are always a really easy way to start a conversation. It's really lame, but in American culture at least you can always get away with saying something about the weather. Random observations work well, trying to look around your environment to see if you see anything you can comment on is a good thing. You can make your life easier if you take the time to learn about your surroundings some. (aka local politics, popular sports, probable shared reasons for being at the place) I think it's better to avoid this one (or at least not overuse it), but I know some people who will pretend that they're confused about something or need help with something and use that to open up a conversation. I just try to relax and say whatever seems natural at the time... if you can't manage that just say hello and see what happens. It won't always work out like you want, but the times it does will make it worthwhile.

• 5 years ago

Omg it says 1 decade ago under all of the comments! So long ago!

Use observations like this to start conversations.

• 1 decade ago

most ppl has the problem of it.. but it is not the problem finding the words, than the fear that gets all over you aproaching the person u like.. u could always use something that is going on in the situation u are in, or even say "hi" and have the most atention of that person, but only if u get over the fear comming and talking to the person you like..

so get over it, if u don't know how, ask me, it is just too long for writing it hear..

take care

• 1 decade ago

Hello, how are you, how was your day, do you have plans for the weekend, do you have hobbies, what do you do in your spare time, what kind of movies you like, music you like, you have any kids, any siblings, what are they like, you have a b/f or g/f, is the relationship going okay....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

hi usually works

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hello.... how do you do?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.