Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are you doing for evolution day this Friday?

Yes this Friday the 24th November marks the 147th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin’s great work On the Origin of the Species which revolutionised our understanding of the world around us and showed us that we don't need to invent fictional deities called gods to know where we came from. What are you doing for evolution day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_Day

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Say no to jesus.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Interesting... I didn't know it was Evolution Day.

Well... what I've got planned may help evolution along. I'll be driving almost all day and filling the air with pollution that the current species will have to tolerate or evolve to higher beings - survival of the fittest at it's finest will rule the day because of my actions.

...It's the best I can do for the celebration.

((((( r u randy? )))))

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am going to read the memoirs of Darwin where he says, in regards to evolution, that he was just throwing out possiblities of what may have happened, and people took his musings and made a religion out of it. He then said that as he did more study, he decided against the theory of evolution because it just didn't hold up to thorough scrutiny. But hey, if you want to make it a religious holiday, go ahead, knock yourself out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cool! I will drink some rum and enjoy some technology, both would not be possible without the help of evolution. :)

Well, O.K. I'll probably get a bonin' like Ronin too. LOL

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JAT
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Researching what can be done to push along the evolution of turkeys into something a little tastier.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I will have a tea party. Happy evolution day, the day the world woke up

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gonna thump my Bible, dagnabbit! Yee-haw. Then I'm a-goin' to the Monster Truck rally, and git drunk!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well i don't know how you guys believe a simple man called Charles Darwin ha it's ridiculous to think that this man knew how the earth was created I mean come on - this guy just invented the evolution theory - cuz he was atheist and he did not wanted to believe in God, that's way he invented this unreal theory.

• KathyS
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Hanging out with a monkey's uncle : )

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure yet, maybe I'll just hang around the house and see what evolves.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If I'd known sooner, I could have planned something... J.P.'s idea sounds like fun, though...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.