What are you doing for evolution day this Friday?

Yes this Friday the 24th November marks the 147th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin’s great work On the Origin of the Species which revolutionised our understanding of the world around us and showed us that we don't need to invent fictional deities called gods to know where we came from. What are you doing for evolution day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_Day

Favorite Answer

Say no to jesus.

Interesting... I didn't know it was Evolution Day.

Well... what I've got planned may help evolution along. I'll be driving almost all day and filling the air with pollution that the current species will have to tolerate or evolve to higher beings - survival of the fittest at it's finest will rule the day because of my actions.

...It's the best I can do for the celebration.

((((( r u randy? )))))

.

I am going to read the memoirs of Darwin where he says, in regards to evolution, that he was just throwing out possiblities of what may have happened, and people took his musings and made a religion out of it. He then said that as he did more study, he decided against the theory of evolution because it just didn't hold up to thorough scrutiny. But hey, if you want to make it a religious holiday, go ahead, knock yourself out.

Cool! I will drink some rum and enjoy some technology, both would not be possible without the help of evolution. :)

Well, O.K. I'll probably get a bonin' like Ronin too. LOL

• JAT

Researching what can be done to push along the evolution of turkeys into something a little tastier.

I will have a tea party. Happy evolution day, the day the world woke up

Gonna thump my Bible, dagnabbit! Yee-haw. Then I'm a-goin' to the Monster Truck rally, and git drunk!

well i don't know how you guys believe a simple man called Charles Darwin ha it's ridiculous to think that this man knew how the earth was created I mean come on - this guy just invented the evolution theory - cuz he was atheist and he did not wanted to believe in God, that's way he invented this unreal theory.

• KathyS

Hanging out with a monkey's uncle : )

I'm not sure yet, maybe I'll just hang around the house and see what evolves.

If I'd known sooner, I could have planned something... J.P.'s idea sounds like fun, though...