Windows Vista Release?

When can I expect to see Windows Vista on laptops?

(I'm holding off to buy a laptop until its released..)

Favorite Answer

Official release date for boxed version is Jan 30, 2007....of course, who knows till it happens.

Supposedly, maunfacturers of PC's and laptops were supposed to have the OS before boxed relese.

BUT PLEASE READ THIS

There are currently slated to be 5 different versions of Vista. Which will you be offered by the PC builder?

Hope this helps

Microsoft issued a release indicating that Vista will be commercially available to business in November 2006 and in january 2007 for the general public. However you do not have to wait until Vista is released to buy your laptop. Microsoft has released the hardware specifications for the various (3 types!) of Vista and most PC manufacturers have laptops/notebooks/desktops that are Vista ready now. Just look for the "Vista Compatible" logo on the PC you want to buy. The top end Vista requires advanced graphic cards (Net Force, Nvidia etc) but you may not really need that. Visit Microsoft.com for more info

I'm sure Vista will start coming with laptops at the same time it comes with PCs. Many of the people answering your question haven't tested Vista and are making assumptions.

Vista RC2 ran flawlessly on my laptop. RC2 is the Vista Ultimate version which is the most demanding, so if that ran fine, the ligher versions like Vista Home will too.

If you are buying a laptop now you should avoid Intel Celerons, and probably AMD Semprons. Those are budget processors that may not have the power to run Vista well. Some laptops have a free upgrade to Vista where you only have to pay $9.95 S&H for them to send it to you.

My laptop: Gateway AMD Turion 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, ATI 200m Graphics 256MB Shared.

Will be released to consumers in late Jan 2007. I would expect to see it then. Alot of companies have a free upgrade option to Vista so if you can get a good deal now I would not wait if the upgrade is available. I know Compaq is offering the upgrades.

RC1 stands for launch Candidate a million it ability this utility technically is finished yet might desire sprucing that's an element of the marvelous tiers of high quality tuning utility is going by until now launch all of us be attentive to Vista might have a minimum of four variations mabye greater yet they wont be named like this the desire probable spoke of as something like here Vista domicile Vista Small employer Its basically a Pre launch version for utility builders to apply to make new products and for the microsoft engineers to iron out bugs with Tridon

Yeah..most probably in mid 2007. Or else buy a high end laptop now...so it cud sustain Vista later.High end coz vista by default needs a graphic card to work :) !.

Thanks,

Colin.

Don't from what I've read this would be a major mistake on anyones part. Apparently, there's no battery powerful enough to run this bloated operating system. Not much point in having a laptop thats virtually reliant on mains voltage. This cock up is going to haunt Microsoft big time.

Regards EDD

• VzjrZ

probabaly spring of 2007

• mark

Some time next week I think.