Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Curry MONSTER asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Why are the lab owners emailing me such stuck up idiots?

I am writing to do some research so as for ignorance meet me first before you judge.

Favorite Answer

Are you researching to own labs. Then great!! I wish more people would do that before purchasing an overpriced overbred worthless dog. They can make great pets but with all the good quality bred out of them they are also the ones more likely to have behavior issues and aggressive issues. I see multitudes with separation anxiety.

If you are wanting to get labs for yourself and not for breeding I would suggest a rescue. Rescues know more about the dogs they have saved. Most of them live in homes with volunteers and know their temperments and can help you find the ones for you. We do tend to look away from adopting out litter mates together but we love to adopt to good adopters twice. The best thing for you to do to find out about labs after you have done your research is to volunteer with a rescue and foster them for a while. Eventually the one that fits perfectly and tugs your heart will come along for you to adopt.

• tom l

We see this same breeding question on here every day my friend. Here is what you're facing,, Labrador Retrievers are the worlds most popular breed with twice the number of litters a year as the #2 breed. The result of this is that there is a glut of Lab puppy's on the market making it almost imposable to place the pups. The result is that there are more Labs in rescue shelters than all other breeds combined.

• If you want to do research go to the local pound and see all of the poor animals people like you produce and throw away. Visit a puppy mill.......Research rescue sites. Your question does show you know nothing about responsible ownership so you got what you asked for. Don't cry about it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ****NOT***** the place to do ANY sort of "research"!!!!!!

YOU are TOO IGNORANT to have ANY live animals,let alone talk about BREEDING!!!

There are already GAZILLIONS of CRAP labs & YOU want to make MORE???

That's NOT "research"..that's PURE IGNORANCE ..& GREED???

You think the RULES don't apply to *YOU*???

***IF*** you can ACCEPT the **CORRECT** advice you've been given....HURRAY!!!. You say "THANKS! I didn't KNOW THAT!! WOW,I'll WISE UP!"

If NOT,shame on you! You're aiming to be just another "BYB=backyard breeder"...the LOWEST of the LOW!

I think it would help if you elaborated on your comment a little bit!

What are you trying to find out?

Too bad you feel that way.

• Annie

I have no idea what you are talking about, and I doubt any one else does either. Go get a life and QUIT WHINING!!!