Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

if you have an eptopic pregancy is it possible to keep the baby but move it back to the womb? if so how?

10 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I guess you mean an ectopic pregnancy.

    I think it is impossible to keep the is actually quite important to treat the pregnant woman as soon as possible, as the ectopic pregnancy otherwise leads to her certain death, as the growing fetus will blast the organ it is in...

    What Are the Options for Treatment?

    "Treatment of an ectopic pregnancy varies, depending on its size and location and whether you want the ability to conceive again.

    An early ectopic pregnancy can sometimes be treated with an injection of methotrexate, which dissolves the fertilized egg and allows your body to reabsorb it. This nonsurgical approach minimizes scarring of your pelvic organs.

    If the pregnancy is further along, you'll likely need surgery to remove the abnormal pregnancy. In the past, this was a major operation, requiring general anesthesia and a large incision across the pelvic area. This may still be necessary in cases of emergency or extensive internal injury.

    However, the pregnancy may sometimes be removed using laparoscopy, a less invasive surgical procedure. The surgeon makes a small incision in the lower abdomen and then inserts a laparoscope. This long, hollow tube with a lighted end allows the doctor to view internal organs and insert other instruments as needed. Sometimes, a second small abdominal incision is made for the instruments. The ectopic pregnancy is then surgically removed and any damaged organs are repaired or removed. General or regional anesthesia may be used.

    Whatever your treatment, the doctor will want to see you regularly afterward to make sure your hCG levels return to zero. This may take up to 12 weeks. An elevated hCG could mean that some ectopic tissue was missed. This tissue may have to be removed using methotrexate or additional surgery.

    What About Future Pregnancies?" (

    The good news are the woman has a good chance to have a healthy child in the future....

    to read more go to

  • Debra
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

    I can only really answer part of this question, but I would like to help clear things up for you. Unfortunately, it is still possible for you to conceive. There is a very low chance though. I think the number was just 1% or even less. Basically, that means that if 100 couples had regular sex for an entire year, one of those couples would conceive. Try to not worry too much until you've had it confirmed by a doctor though. There's no reason to worry like this if you can't get a solid answer. For future reference, consider using multiple contraceptives, like an IUD or just a condom. We all love children, but I'm sure that most people believe 3 bundles of joy are enough for a lifetime. But really, get this confirmed and try to relax because the chances of this are extremely low.

  • Lilly
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    You know, I actually saw a show about ectopic pregnancies last night on discover channel and there was this lady who had triplets! and they were all outside her womb and they all lived, but she had all kinds of complications and they had to be delivered by C-section, but I believe she was 1 in like millions! Anyway you cannot move the baby into the womb once it has implanted outside.

  • 1 decade ago

    Sorry, but no - - an eptopic preganacy is not only a risk to the baby, but it's also a risk to mommy.

  • Blondi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    No, Sorry. I wish there was though. Maybe one day they will figure out a way.

  • 1 decade ago

    Sadly no. We are not smart enough yet, hopefully, some day though.

  • rachie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    no, sorry. you can also loose the tube it is in.

  • 1 decade ago

    sadly no

  • 1 decade ago


  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.