Can anyone?

I've come up the the word often, Default! Also, when I go to outlook express, this pop -up ask me if I want outlook express to be my default mail...Thanks..

Favorite Answer

Default is to make some thing primary in your system. Though you can change it later.

In your case outlook is a mail client, it can co-reside with Thunder Bird, Netscape composer and lots of other clients. Hence when you start outlook express, if there is no primary mail client configured or if the outlooks in to made primary mail client tin your PC, it will always ask you the question.

Default is what you get unless you pick soemthing particular. For instance if you don't pick Yahoo mail then by default you would get Express.

• Jon J

if you chose to make it your default mail program, it will stay default, UNLESS you start using another email program and tell that to be default, some email programs though, if you just start them will automatically make it the default, they normally have settings in there preferences to change it from doing that, Also if you have your Internet explorer open, click on the (tools) up on top, then (Internet options) then click on the (program) tab and choose you default programs there