Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how do I use the java 5.0 JDK?

I am using the O'Reilly book "Learning Java." I'm stuck on the first excercise. I installed the Sun 5.0 JDK on the included disk. I wrote the first lines of code of the example. When I entered the command in the command line to run the program it said that it could not be found. Do you think the Kit isn't installed right? I have Windows XP Professional. I tried installing the Kit again, but my computer tells me it's already installed. Can anyone help me?

Favorite Answer

you need to set the path varibale to jdk\bin.

Hello. Weather if you are programming or just running a Java Aplication, this error means you dont have the latest Java Virtual Machine version installed in your computer. I suggest you trying to update it, that should solve the problem.

To compile java in Windows through the command line you need to make an environmental variable for java and javac. Another option is to use an IDE(Integrated Developer Environemt) such as JBuilder or Netbeans.

This should help you with the variables.

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~teliot/Path_and_Classpath....