Russ W asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Does any one know how I can get a pro wrestling promoters license?? Seriously, I need to know?

Favorite Answer

If you are looking to start a pro wrestling circut.

I am a trained refferee......

It depends on what state you live in. Each state generally has their own athletic commission that oversees boxing, wrestling, MMA/ultimate fighting, and other sporting events. For example, here in Indiana where I live, they regulate boxing and "cage fighting" but not wrestling, so you don't need a license to promote. On the other hand, most buildings here also won't let you run a show unless you're insured or put up some kind of surety bond if the place gets torn up or damaged or somebody gets hurt to relieve them of liability.

In Kentucky, I know they regulate wrestling quite heavily, and in fact, WWE was fined for blood on their Backlash show earlier in the year. I think Ohio also has an athletic commission that does license promoters, and I know that New Jersey, Nevada, and Tennessee regulate boxing because I've heard about them in the news.

I would start by researching the web site of whatever state you live in and go from there... maybe talk to somebody that works in law or government if you can't find any answers there. You can also find some of those offices and contact them yourself if you look them up in the Yellow Pages.