Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What word?

With your two previous convictions

stephanie we are looking at some time .

I'm korean.

What is the meaning of this sentence?

I'd like to know..

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Stephanie, you have been convicted by a court of law twice before. You must prepare yourself for a possibly lengthy prison sentence this time.

In English to "do time" or "serve time" means to go to prison.

• 1 decade ago

This seems to be a lawyer (or police detective) advising a criminal (Stephanie) that she's probably going to prison for a long time. Stephanie has been convicted of two crimes in the past, and it seems she has just committed another crime.

In many U.S. states, somone committing a third felony offense can be sent to prison for the rest of his/her life. I think that's what is happening here: the person speaking is telling Stephanie that by committing a third serious crime, she's going to prison for a long time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it means that Stephanie has had 2 previous convictions so she will probably go to prison this time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stephanie, because you have already been arrested and found guilty of breaking the law on two different times, this latest arrest means you will definitely be going to jail.

• 1 decade ago

Someone who has been convicted of a crime before usually gets in more trouble than someone who has a clean record .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.