Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Please simplify the lyrics by George Micheal & explain the theme by simple English?

I feel so unsure as I take your hand an lead you to the dance floor.

As the music dies something in your eyes

Calls to mind a silver screen and you're its sad goodbye.

I'm never gonna dance again

guilty feet have got no rhythm

Though it's easy to pretend

I know you're not a fool.

I should have known better than to cheat a friend

Favorite Answer

He's using dance as a reference for being with someone, close to someone, but knows that he's betrayed them. The silver screen is a reference to a movie screen and the sad goodbyes at the end of a film. He can't 'dance' anymore because of the guilt he feels due to what he's done and they know he's done it because although he's pretending, they're not a fool.