Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

What is the average monthly payment for a house?

I want to buy a house, and I'm figuring out how much money I need to make in order to live comfortably.

Favorite Answer

I am in the real estate business. You can reasonably figure $100 of monthly cost per $10,000 that you are borrowing. This figure includes typical costs of insurance as well. For example, a $75,000 home will run you about $750 a month on a thirty year loan, and that includes your homeowners insurance payment.

Average Monthly Mortgage Payment

Average House Payment

In the current mortgage and home loan market your best choice is https://vk.cc/3tWuiw

the reason I say this is because things are always changing. After the 2008 real estate meltdown. Mortgage underwriting rules have been changing and they continue to make small changes all the time. It doesn't matter if you're looking for a mortgage with perfect credit and 20% down; or bad credit with low down payment; or even almost no money down type mortgage. Its going to be impossible to answer your question.

My recommendation is grab a quote from my previously mentioned place. You'll be able to see different mortgage programs and rates available to your personal financial profile. New home loan, mortgage refinance, equity lines of credit its all there. No matter the credit or down payment amount. Just let them know what you got and see whats possible from multiple top mortgage providers in the industry today.

• Hugh

For Finance and credit solutions I always recommend this site where you can find all the solutions. http://finance-solution.us/index.html?src=CZE15RVL...

RE :What is the average monthly payment for a house?

1 following 13 answers

Source(s): For Finance and credit solutions I always recommend this site where you can find all the solutions. http://finance-solution.us/index.html?src=CZE15RVL...

It depends on where you live.

You can visit www.realtor.com...

see the different listings and prices...

There's a lot of mortgage payment calculators on-line.

But you should consider talking to a loan originator and/or Realtor that knows the area for advice, as owning a home also mean that there are other expenses such as hazard insurance and property taxes... these all vary depending the location and conditions of the property.

Depends on the location of the home, how big of a home, and how much of a down payment. I would guess the average is somewhere between $800-$1000 a month, not including property taxes, or utilities, etc.

how much down? how high of an interest rate MTG insurance home owner insurance, flood insurance if in a flood plane, personal property insurance in case you are sued for a neighbor kid falling on your icy driveway. Factor all these thing in before looking into buying a home. Taxes in the area any new roads to be put in new sewers. I have a 190,000 mtg on a home valued at 285,000

4 bed room 3 bath home on a 1 acre lot in the suburbs. and my taxes have gone up 1300.00 dollars in the last 2 years. bring my mtg to 1520.03 a mth. DO NOT LET YOUR REALTOR TALK YOU INTO TO MUCH OF A HOUSE.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axkcA

What are the prices where you are looking? I would plan for 20% down and a payment of 1% of the balance per month. Your payment may be smaller but with fees for taxes, insurance and maint it will be at least that. So if a townhouse was 125,000 I would say 25K down and 1K per month.

Honestly it depends on what state you live in .. Could you add a little more info please? California, Las Vegas, Arizona etc have the highest priced homes. Check any loan company online they usually have a loan amount calculator telling you your monthly mortgage amount. I hope this helps good luck