Where can I volunteer on Thanksgiving morning in San Diego?

I'm working Thanksgiving night and this is the first time in my life that I'll be away from my family for the holiday. I'd like to volunteer somewhere in the San Diego area the morning of the holiday. Any ideas?

• LB
    Favorite Answer

Hi! What a wonderful sentiment. You can volunteer at the annual Run for the Hungry Thankgiving Day 5K & 10K Run/Walk at the Embarcadero, which benefits the San Diego Food Bank and Foodmobile.

Volunteers are needed to help with participant check-in/registration and on the course during the event.

Runners, Walkers and Dogs (yes, dogs) will enjoy a fast, flat, scenic downtown course with live entertainment along the way that is set up for both 5K and 10K.

November 23, 2006 6:30 AM to 10AM

Thanksgiving morning

Embarcadero Marina Park South (behind the San Diego Convention Center)

Check-in begins: 6:30 AM

Run / Walk begins: 8 AM

Event concludes: 10 AM

You can register for free here:

http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?even...

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

One year, I volunteered on Thanksgiving for the Salvation Army where they fed the homeless. There were so many volunteers there, we were just standing around. On Thanksgiving, volunteers come out of the woodwork. Call now to shelters, the salvation army, and ask at churches. If you wait too late, they will not need you.

• burman

Many prayers have long previous up & God has heard the prayers. We now could desire to thank God for the people who're making a distinction & for the risk-free practices of folk who're caught in this occasion. I thank God that their needs are dealt with with greater beneficial than enouph & plenty left over. That the coverage companies will pay the fee. That the government will pay in spite of further that's had to reconstruct, etc... yet, i think of we could desire to look into what we (US) could have performed to keep away from this in the 1st place. possibly we weren't praying enouph only before time. The Lord informed me to not pray with regard to the fires, yet to desire for the people & their risk-free practices & well being. additionally, thank God that there hasn't been greater beneficial than 2 deaths favourite so some distance. God is surely giving prefer & conserving people with the aid of this very complicated time. What the enemy has meant to wreck lives, the Lord has prevented many deaths.