daydoom asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is Romney pro-choice or pro-life?

Was he once pro-choice and then changed to pro-life?

Favorite Answer

I would think that Mitt Romney is Pro-life. Or maybe he is like me, Pro-life, and Pro Choice. Let me explain my Pro-choice, though,. I believe that every woman in Ameica has choices, alot of choices, Depo- Nuva Ring, The patch, ortho-trycyclien, other pills, Norplant, etcc. There is also the choice to have your tubes tied. If none of the above work, since when does the woman have to keep the baby, she could always give it up for adoption. And then there is the Most Effective Choice of all- ABSTINENCE. You don't want a baby, Don't have sex. Murder should never be considered a viable choice, since there are many other choices available to women.

He is pro-life personally but pro-choice as governor. You can check it out by searching the web and typing Mitt Romney on the issues.

He is pro-life, and despite what was stated above, members of the Mormon church are not forced to believe or act in any particular way (most Mormons are pro-life, but believe there are exceptions in the case of rape, incest or for the safety of the mother's life). In fact, they are not told to vote for a particular party, but to vote their conscience. Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, is also a Mormon, so you can see one's religion doesn't, and should, determine one's political party. Romney is a mastermind when it comes to monetary matters and is largely to credit for the putting together one of the most progressive health coverage plans in Massachusets. If people were to look at someone for their religion only, without looking at how those individuals vote on the issues, they would be ignorant and misguided.

He's pro life and has said so publicly. He's governor of a liberal state so he ran as a centrist and didn't stress his anti abortion views, but now that he's considering a run for the presidency he's put those views more in the forefront because he believes they will appeal to conservatives. I believe he is correct in that belief. I'm conservative and it's an important issue to me.

He is a pro-life supporter, but he is also Mormon. This means he will be controlled by the prophet of the church. They have a living prophet whom they consider to be divine, and he will definitely be a pawn of the church. This shouldn't be compared to the way some people thought about JFK being a Catholic.

Romney is a "what you want to hear" politician, during the past year as Governor of MA he has tried to move way over to the right to set himself up as the social conservative in the GOP primary.

• From what I know about the LDS Church, abortion is only an option if the mother's life is in danger. Mit Romney is an LDS member, so I would think he would hold true to the beliefs of the LDS Church.

Source(s): True to the Faith

No - he is definitely pro life.

Romney is a Mormon cultist, so in all probability he is as fanatically anti choice as the rest of them.

he's professional-selection while competing in a state election, because of the fact Massachusetts is predominantly professional-selection. yet while competing among Republicans in the primaries he's professional-existence. He does not have his very own techniques.

He vetoed a stem-cell research bill, but MA allows gay marriage