San2
Lv 5
San2 asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Toolbar · 1 decade ago

How can I remove the text "Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo" from IE7?

I am a long-time Yahoo user. I am very greatful to Yahoo for all its reliable service. However, I downloaded IE7 and at the top appeared "Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo". I dont like it. How can I remove this text from IE 7 . I used the add/remove programs to uninstall both the IE 7 downloaded from Yahoo and the Yahoo toolbar. After I deleted all cookies, history, forms, add-ons, objects, temporary internet files, and all internet explorer related files found on my computer including the downloadable setup programs of IE 7 and Yahoo tool bar. I downloaded Microsoft’s IE 7 for Windows XP setup program from the official Microsoft download site and installed it, twice. Actually, I do not have Yahoo tool bar nor Yahoo´s IE7 in my PC. However, the text "Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo" reappears every time despite all I have done. I want to remove the Yahoo text definitely and permanently from my IE 7. Please help me do this. Best regards

fransa2

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

go to start -> run -> and type regedit

Then do a search for the string "provided by yahoo"

When it finds it in your registry double click it, and it will pop up in a box you can edit. Type in whatever you want it to say and click ok or save or whatever it is.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

in want to uninstall Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo

• 1 decade ago

start menu, control panel, add/remove programs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.