San2
San2 asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Toolbar · 1 decade ago

How can I remove the text "Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo" from IE7?

I am a long-time Yahoo user. I am very greatful to Yahoo for all its reliable service. However, I downloaded IE7 and at the top appeared "Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo". I dont like it. How can I remove this text from IE 7 . I used the add/remove programs to uninstall both the IE 7 downloaded from Yahoo and the Yahoo toolbar. After I deleted all cookies, history, forms, add-ons, objects, temporary internet files, and all internet explorer related files found on my computer including the downloadable setup programs of IE 7 and Yahoo tool bar. I downloaded Microsoft’s IE 7 for Windows XP setup program from the official Microsoft download site and installed it, twice. Actually, I do not have Yahoo tool bar nor Yahoo´s IE7 in my PC. However, the text "Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo" reappears every time despite all I have done. I want to remove the Yahoo text definitely and permanently from my IE 7. Please help me do this. Best regards

fransa2

Favorite Answer

go to start -> run -> and type regedit

Then do a search for the string "provided by yahoo"

When it finds it in your registry double click it, and it will pop up in a box you can edit. Type in whatever you want it to say and click ok or save or whatever it is.

in want to uninstall Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo

start menu, control panel, add/remove programs