Anyone else get sweaty palms?

I have a job interview today, and I get really sweaty palms. Is there anything i can do to make sure they're dry when I go to shake hands with the guy interviewing me?

Best Answer

oh, i had the same problem under different circumstances though... I used to get stage fright.... when I had to play the piano in exams or concerts.... and sweaty hands were a problem.... because this is what you use to play the piano, hands!

anyway....definitely before going, you should not put any hand cream lotion, wash you hands well and dry them well with a towel, don't keep them in feast because they become more sweaty then, have a handkerchief with you and dry them with it before you go in...

good luck on the interview!

Keep your hands open, and put your right hand on your pant leg. If you are writing during the interview, make sure you give yourself time when you know you're going to shake hands again, and lay it flat again. You could also try a quick swipe of antiperspirant. Good luck!

Source(s): Business school

Wear a jacket with pockets. In your right hand pocket put a napkin/paper towel or absorbant cloth (hankie?). Just before entering the room, or when you think the person is 3 seconds away from shaking hands, pull your hand out of your pocket. It should be as dry as it can be.

Rub some baby powder to absorb minimize the sweat. Be careful not to add too much as it'll feel weird if your hands are way too smooth. Last of all, stay calm and be relax. Good luck!!

Hi, I'm a tennis player and there's a great product called Dry Grip you should try. Tennis or golf shops often carry it, or you can get it online.

I know of people who've used it for situations like you're describing.

Primary hyperhidrosis can be somewhat control with anti-perspirants. Keep your hands exposed to air not in pockets. The amount of sweat and heat that is in the pockets will keep your hands moist.

that happins to me all the time if i get nervice so wat i do is just before your interveiw wash your hands with soap and water i find it cools my hands and pervents sweaty palms ...

talc. works well. or hold a tissue

• Lori

that sux.