Can you switch out SIM cards on Cell Phones?

I was wondering if you could put a Boost Mobile SIM card into a cingular phone? I hope this makes sense.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No. The only thing u can do with a Boost sim is put it in a nextel phone, thats bout it. Cingular is on a whole different thing. Nextel/Boost are iDen phones. I think cingular is GSM. Even if the phone is unlocked it won't work. Just a tip; if your stuck with a phone u don't use and can use a (little) extra cash, go to www.sellyourcell.com. They buy your used cell if its still working, the shippings free and the send u a check in around 2 weeks. Hope I helped.

• 1 decade ago

You can use a boost card in a nextel phone or a nextel sim in a boost phone if the codeplug of the phone has been MOD.But from boost to tmobile that i think is the only other Carrier that uses Sim cards the answer is no you cant like the girl answer before they are different types of network.

• 3 years ago

you may located it in any AT&T telephone it doesnt count quantity quantity how new or old the telephone is. they comparable sim engaging in enjoying cards a similar so as which you would be waiting to reinforce your telephone without looking out to purchase a sparkling plan or simcard.

• Lg
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

no they are different carriers and it wont work

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i tried it before, it wont work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.