What does "Online Broadband Only" mean on a Playstation 2 game?

I just purchased A PS2 game for my nephew and I need help!!! It says, like above...In small print ONLINE broadband only. Does this mean he can only play it online, and not with his PS2 system only, or that he can play both ways??? Please I want to know, so I can bring it back before Christmas if thats the case.... show more I just purchased A PS2 game for my nephew and I need help!!! It says, like above...In small print ONLINE broadband only. Does this mean he can only play it online, and not with his PS2 system only, or that he can play both ways??? Please I want to know, so I can bring it back before Christmas if thats the case. Thanks!!!
Update: Just in case it matters, the game is Ratchet eadlocked. A playstation 2 Greatest hits, purchased at Walmart.
Update 2: Ok,Ok, I hear what you guys are saying, thanks for the input. What I really want to know is if he can play it on his PS2, we are not worried about the online hting, cause he isnt planning on playing it that way. So It's, a yes that he can play it PS2 righttttttt????? SOrry, I am soooo confused! Thanks for your... show more Ok,Ok, I hear what you guys are saying, thanks for the input. What I really want to know is if he can play it on his PS2, we are not worried about the online hting, cause he isnt planning on playing it that way. So It's, a yes that he can play it PS2 righttttttt????? SOrry, I am soooo confused! Thanks for your help guys and gals!