What kind of bear was Boo-Boo of the Yogi Bear Show?

My friend and I have been in a debate for over a week about what kind of bear Boo-Boo was. I would love to hear what you guys think?

• Rich Z
    Favorite Answer

He was a fictional one. So don't sweat the details.

• debbra

Yogi Bear And Bobo

One of the most popular cartoon characters representing bears is Hanna Barbara's Yogi Bear. Most cartoon bears are modeled after the brown bear Ursus arctos but Yogi really is modeled after a brown color phase (usually called "cinnamon bear" to avoid confusion with Ursus arctos) black bear, Ursus americanus. Although I doubt if the creators of this character knew much about real black bears, they inadvertantly gave him a lot of genuine black bear traits. They include his mellow, easy going personality, his rather casual relationship with his girlfriend Cindy, and even his side-kick BooBoo (who looks more like a brown bear cub). In Dr. Rogers' book "The Great American Bear" there are several charming pictures of a real-life "Yogi" and "BooBoo" playing together.

I believe he was a young brown bear. Not a grizzly. Just a common brown bear. Whereas Yogi was a full grown brown bear

Just a standard brown bear

BooBoo was a cartoon bear, just like Yogi.

He was a gay bear. He got busted in LA for hitting on undercover cop. He did 10 days and paid his fine. He now lives in NY.

Source(s): Fred the dog ~¶¶ö

Soros can manipulate the young and uneducated with his fortune he made in America! Too bad he is determined to ruin it. Don't all these protesters realize he is one of the billionaire capitalist they hate?

I loved "Gus" and "Taylor's" response! ..."A little one"!!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! ..."A cartoon bear"!!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! Smart asses!

That one dude won the prize! You know the guy with the big answer!

Gregory

A little one