Is It Okay To Use Paper Plates & Paper Cups To Serve Thanksgiving Dinner?

Is it ok to use disposable dishes to serve your Holiday Meal ?

Favorite Answer

It is not only ok, it is preferred. You can have Thanksgiving with me anytime. I was starting to think i was the only one who did this.

For Thanksgiving we have gone to my parents or his parents so it's not all together. There's usually about a dozen people. We've never used paper plates. My mom doesn't even have a dishwasher but we use real plates. I don't see anything wrong with it (assuming this is a casual affair) but I can't imagine loading a flimsy paper plate with heavy turkey and dressing and fixings. How fast would gravy leak through? If they are really sturdy paper plates (like chinet) then it might work. I think the designs make it nicer than plain white too ;-)

if you have a huge family dinner i would say yes use paper plates and cups but if its not more than 10 people break out the dishes. If its your house it should be your choice unless you know for sure you have help to wash dishes

I don't see any harm in serving Thanksgiving dinner with paper plates and paper cups.

• Decent

Girl, yes it's okay! I don't see any harm in it. Who will be left with all of those dishes? You, most likely.

Now, it would be different if you were serving royalty, the president or the pope. But, you're not, right? Go with what you know.

Be blessed and Happy Thanks-Giving.

NOT! very low class, use the best you have ... use a table cloth , place settings , cloth napkins etc. you only do this a couple times a year... suck it up and do the dishes ... paper plates are for picnics and cook-outs..

I do. Especially if there are going to be tons of people for dinner, who really wants to do all those dishes after a great meal!?!

I don't know if it's okay or not, but I got the big Chinet platters, because I don't want to do all those dishes later! I've got 14 people coming over to eat!

• hmbn

I don't see why not. Of course some people will argue the other way, but as far as I see it, the less dishes you have to wash, the better. Do what you want, and tell people to "take it or leave it".

My husband is fine doing dishes and we don t have a ton of people coming over this holiday. However, we do have a parent coming with their child and I would rather preserve my dishes for an adults only sit down meal