promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do i need to have to have money in the bank to get my fiance a k1 visa?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Alie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are the US Citizen, then yes, you will have to have some money in a bank account. When you get to the interview stage of the K-1, you will have to provide the Consulate/Embassy with an I-134 Affidivat of Support to prove that you will be able to support your fiance so your fiance will not become a public charge.

Part of the requirements of filing the I-134 are that you need to provide a letter from your bank stating when the account was opened, total deposits for the year, and present balance. You will also be required to provide the previous years tax return.

If you do not meet the financial requirements (125% of 2006 poverty guidelines) you will need to find a co-sponsor who will also be required to submit the required financial documents.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

yes. and it's always a good idea to have money in the bank. the more money you have over a period of time the more money you get paid by them. all by having your money in their bank! Free Money! Then you wont have to worry about your k1 visa!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

You will have to prove that you can support your fiance so... yes!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no just jump the border

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.