Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Recipes with Cauliflower mushroom (Sparassis crispa), please?

I bought a package of dried unknown "white fungus" and it was absolutely different thing than I expected, not as dried champignons, which I had used with noodles. I found a more precise name of this mushroom in Internet. I am curious how people eat them.

Maybe you know some good recipes for cooking, with Cauliflower mushrooms?

Favorite Answer

CAULIFLOWER MUSHROOM SOUP

1 LB OF CAULIFLOWER (Sparassis crispa) MUSHROOM, CHOPPED

1/4 CUP OF YELLOW ONIONS, CHOPPED

1/4 CUP OF FLOUR

2 CUPS OF MILK

1 CUP OF CREAM

4 TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER

SALT AND WHITE PEPPER TO TASTE

CHOPPED PARSLEY

PROCEDURE: Saute the onions with two tablespoons of butter for couple of minutes. In a bag, shake the mushrooms with flour. Add the rest of the butter and mushrooms to the onions and saute till tender. Add milk and cream. Simmer for 1/2 hour, do not boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a bowl and garnishwith parsley. This soup tastes even better the next day.

Sparassis Recipe

This large, unmistakable fungus can be found growing from the bases or roots of trees in summer and fall--or in winter, in warmer climes. It is a popular edible, and by most accounts it is exceptionally good. I have not tried it;

I would just add them to soups stews and any dish calling for mushrooms. Satue one in butter first, find out if you like them.