My Dell All-in-One printer keeps saying Low on ink when it's not. Can I do something to remedy this Problem?

Favorite Answer

This issue occurs due to the low ink cartridge , empty or corrupted printer driver software . Please Align or clean the cartridge contacts. If the issue persist, UnInstall and reinstall printer driver software .

Check online for your printer model to see if there are any reset keys to plug into you printer.

My HP D135 did the same thing and there were special key codes to punch into the printer to turn off the ink level warning.

HP also came up with this brilliant plan to encode expiration dates onto the cartridges chips so people that refill them, they won't work after a while. A work around for that is to take the flat battery out the printer to reset the printer CMOS. Works like a charm!

Just do some research online and you'll find some work arounds. You have to understand printer manufactuers though. They need you to buy ink, so they'll try everything from expiration dates to low ink level warning to get you to buy more ink!

Good luck! Also learn to refill cartridges, they work for me and save a TON of money!

it's probably a selling tactic from dell built into printer to make you buy cartridges more often(the bas***ds)

• brp_13

yes reset your print manager in the control panel of your computer.