Christina S asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

To all of you who repsonded to my ? about my 7 month old Rottie getting pregnant...?

IAM NOT TRYING TO GET HER PREGNANT!!!!!! i was worried about her because she came into contact with a male dog. I f I were not being responsible, would I have even asked such a thing??? Some of you can be so RUDE!!! To those of you who weren't... Thank you for the appropriate info.

Favorite Answer

Some people just have nothing nice to say. I have repeatedly noticed one person in particular that commented on this being extremely nasty to pretty much everyone that they comment on. I thought this site was meant to help other people with questions not put everyone down.

Also, most vets recommend waiting until after the dogs first heat to spay them. So, at 7 months old she wouldn't be ready yet. Accidents happen and that doesn't make you a poor pet owner.

Source(s): dog breeder

I agree with you there are alot of RUDE people on this site..you just got to remember when you're on here you are dealing with some people that don't have a full deck if you know what I mean. Now as for your Rottie, she is to young to be having puppies. If you want to breed her wait until she is about two. And that is your decision she is your dog. Don't worry about what most people here say.

Source(s): Owner of Rotties

Why isn't she spayed at that age? I didn't see your other question but I doubt alot of them are trying to be rude, they are just passionate and see too many rotties in the pounds already, actually dogs in general. There isn't room for accidents in this already overpopulated world. Also, spay her young because 1.) its easier on her and 2.)as she gets bigger and older it gets more and more expensive to spay her.

I'm not sure how young a dog can get pregnant, but she is pretty young. If she does end up pregnant, she might not carry the litter to term.

Source(s): I had a young pregnant dog before and her puppies came out looking like blobs of jello.

that is kind of young but my only suggestion is maby just do all thats possible to keep her comfortable. help as much as you can. call the vet see what he has to say. she might just be all right than after that inless your planning on using her as a breeding dog i would get her spaided as soon as possible.

Source(s): i have had to rotties but not a pregnat one so i might not be to much help

If you were being responsible, you would either already have her spayed. or have the appointment made.

dunno what to say.