If people dislike gays so much then why do they feel the need to shower themselves with the gay lifestyle?

If you dislike gay people, then why not just stay away from gay people? How come you see so called “Straight people” in gay clubs, bars, parades, and chat rooms, expressing there dislike for gay people. It’s like they hate gays so much, but love to be around us and a part of our community. Honestly it’s like some of these people think about gay sex and the gay lifestyle more then I do and I am gay. I don’t like country music, so I don’t listen it or go to country bars. I don’t go to the country music section of Best Buy and try to convince country fans not to buy anything because I personally find the music depressing. Personally I don’t care what kind of music people listen to in the privacy of there own homes. The truth is that other then an occasional flip past a channel where country music is being played, a advertisement about the CMA’s, or stumbling across a country music album rating in the news paper, country music doesn’t really cross my mind. I mean I know it’s out there but it’s got nothing to do with me. I imagine that if secretly liked Faith Hill, that it would be on my mind a lot and might force me to stalk Faith Hill fans so that I could put them down to make me feel better. I might even project some of my own self feelings on them to compensate. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Because they have no lives, and they're unhappy with their own pathetic ones so they want to make everyone else miserable with them. Remember that what people don't like in others, is what they secretly don't like in themselves.

Except there is no such thing as a "gay lifestyle" any more than there is a "straight lifestyle." A lot of people who say "gay lifestyle" are really reacting to what they or others perceive what they and others think "being gay" means but in truth, most people are interacting with gay people all the time and don't know it. Gay people teach, pump gas, sell products, wait tables, cook food, doctor and nurse you, try legal cases, pilot airplanes, broker stocks, sell real estate, are a member of your family. ..etc., etc., but their lives don't have any particular "style" people categorize as gay. . .any more than these are "straight lifetyles." Please don't confuse stereotypes as representative of everyone because the *only* aspect to gayness that is unique to gay people is gayness itself and don't confuse a handful of gay people who do or wear or say certain things with a "lifestyle" because the population, in general, is far more diverse and far more rich and complicated than that. Gay people can't be locked in a box anymore than African Americans have a singular "lifestyle" that can be neatly packaged to support bigotry and prejudices.

Stay away from gay people? Hey. . . you cannot do it. Gay people are around you, with you and interacting with you all the time--you just don't know it because you might be thinking "gay" means the things you use to define people. The truth is, you're only scratching the surface. . .and when you finally figure it out, you might realize that gay people are not all that different from anyone else and might just not always fit your pre-defined idea of who they are.

You hit the nail on the head. The reason that many people react with such vehemence against anything and everything they perceive as "gay" is because they are defending themselves against anxiety arousing from their own unconscious homoerotic urges. Freud referred to this compensatory behavior as "reaction formation," but perhaps Shakespeare said it best when he wrote, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

• People tend to lash out at their own shadow issues, Ted Haggard and Mark Foley being excellent examples of this.

Faith Hill is gay?

Source(s): LOL joke

AMEN, & why do they come to the gay & lesbian part of yahoo? You're a smart cookie

I think exactly the same as you.

I hope some of them read this question, too.

People will always be mean and have their own opinion's.

FAITH HILL IS GAY HONS?? HY HONS GAY BOYFRIENDS DAVEYY STEEVIIE HONS NUDE WAITERS GAY MENS BAR RSTAURANTS HONS AND GAY PORNO STARS HONS AND MALE STRIPPERSS HONS, AND YOUR AGAINST TAKING SHOWERS WITH HOT HUNG GAY MEN HONS HOW DO YOU KNOW HONS WERE GAY IN THE SHOWER ROOM HONS DO WE MAKE OUT IN FRONT OF YOU HONS?? NOT HARDLY HONS--