Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Who's YOUR God?

I believe everyone worships something like job, career, pasttime, drinking, hobby or God Himself.

So who's your God? Be as creative as you can be. It can be anything or anyone.

Favorite Answer

I worship the Almighty God and nothing or no one else.

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exodus 23:13 And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.

Judges 10:13 Yet ye have forsaken me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

There is only one true God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph. All other gods are false. Anything that you love more than the one true God is a god. There is one God that died for sins of the world and was resurrected on the third year. No other god ever came back from the dead and died for the world.

Source(s): King James Authorized Version 1611 Holy Bible

I am my God. But, you make an interesting point, even atheists can worship a god. Gods in religions are normally just energy that is asigned with a title and character. Atheistic Gods are materialistic forms of energy like tv, tabacco, any kind of political movement, group efforts etc. When you put energy into something and give it a 'meaning' it becomes a 'god'. I am a polythiest in this way. Not only do I put energy into myself I also make certain people around me Gods and Goddesses and put energy into some 'un-seen' spirtual entities that is created by me.

Back when Jews were a tribe, they carried

god in a box on two poles. They called this

box an Ark or Covenant. When they fought

opposing tribes, this god was on their side.

The story goes that if any man touched the

Ark, he would die instantly. And, scriptures

claim this did happen on one occasion. The

box was about to fall. A Jew grabbed the

sliding Ark, and died on the spot.

One night, an enemy tribe stole the Ark to

have god on their side. They touched the

box. Poked the box. Opened the box.

Nothing happened. No one died.

The only power any superstition holds, is

our belief in it.

Today, people still seek to put God in a box.

Religions put God in a designated temple.

Atheists confine God to a box by declaring

there is no God.

Still, life continues to bloom like so many

roses amid the thorns. Invisible forces

govern complex genetics from the tiny flea

to the giant star. And God remains the

promise of tomorrow. A day we have never

seen before.

And that promise extends to all, the believer

and the non-believer alike.

Xango kabiosile, my godesses are Oya and Oxun, so in a nutshell, I worship storms

The one and Only God- Maker of Heaven and Earth. The God of the Holy Bible. For anything else is Idolatry.

Exodus 34:17

"Do not make cast idols.

Leviticus 19:4

" 'Do not turn to idols or make gods of cast metal for yourselves. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 26:1

[ Reward for Obedience ] " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 32:21

They made me jealous by what is no god and angered me with their worthless idols. I will make them envious by those who are not a people; I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding.

Isaiah 44:9

All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.

Isaiah 45:16

All the makers of idols will be put to shame and disgraced; they will go off into disgrace together.

Isaiah 57:13

When you cry out for help, let your collection of idols save you! The wind will carry all of them off, a mere breath will blow them away. But the man who makes me his refuge will inherit the land and possess my holy mountain."

Source(s): Holy Bible

Romance books Love Christine Feehan and Sherrlyn Kenyon

My God is an awesome God - made of three parts, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 83:18 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain

18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

• Midge

Usually The Most Holy Trinity but after I have sinned I realize that I made myself my God.