Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My cat is so dumb! How do I teach him to go to the litterbox?

My cat is so dumb, that he won't learn to use the litterbox! What should I do?

Favorite Answer

your cat isn't dumb.

put him in the box, take his front paw and scratch around in the box, he'll get the idea. Keep the box CLEAN. Cats hate to use a dirty box and that is when they start crapping in other places.

hello (:

I have owned, bred and cared for many cats of all ages, A method I use is keeping the cat in a small room, like a bathroom. Plan on keeping the cat in that room with a litter box, food/water and bed for awile. Clean up any mess made outside of the litter box and put it n the litter box instead over time maybe around a week your cat should use the litter on its own. Oh and make sure the litter is at least 3" deep, cats like deep litter. This has always worked for me and after this you should be able to put the litter box anywhere you want. Cats are inteligent but not in the same way dogs are (:

What is wrong with u don't call ur cat dumb shes just an animal its trap in her little body!. I would clean the box and maybe put a treat in the box, and what i would also doe is grab the cat force to go in her little box. U don't let the cat control u, u control the cat.

Get another cat and a older one who knows how,then your cat might get jealous and try a new place to hang out.(you know the litterbox)good luck!(that is if your cat is little)

Clean all the places he did go to the bathroom and

Put the litter box where he is going to the bathroom

right on the spot when he gets used to that move the box

he may not like the litter you use in his box or the box is dirty

or box is in a bad spot good luck

Source(s): own experience and logic

cats are naturally clean and HATE a dirty litterbox, keep it clean, and be sure to clean up any accidents he has outside the box, and use a scent neutralizer on the spot, so he won't find it again.

also put the box in an isolated area so he won't be disturbed while doing his business.

how old is he? if he is still young, you have to take his front 2 feet and put them in the litter box and make little scratching motions for him to get the idea. if he is old he may be developing problems preventing him from using the box. make sure it's clean all the time and use actual cat litter not sand.

You might want to experiment with different types of cat litter. I know some cats just dont like certain types of litter.

i hate to say it but i have had such terrible experiences with cats and the litter box. everyone says cats are so much easier to train than dogs but i deny that. if your cat doesn't naturally go use the litter i beleive it is impossible. i hope im wrong for your sake but that has been my experience. cats are stupid animals, really!

Every time he craps on the floor rub his nose in it then show him where the box is...it worked on all of my cats.