next gen console vs computer question?

Ok so we all know that a pc with equal gaming/graphics capability as an xbox 360 or ps3 will of course have more functionality than a gaming console. Just because it's a pc, it has so much more integrated. (Although the next-gen consoles have a stunning list of alternate functions) But when it comes down to hardware, how can next-gen consoles cost so little when people are paying outrageous amounts to build pc's that can sometimes barely play the same games. I mean, if you get the hardware equivelants to the processor, graphics card, ect to an xbox 360 in a computer its probably going to cost you some 1000 or more dollars. I don't understand how it can be so cheap, or why people would be willing to pay that much when they could just get a console and be able to play from the comfort of their entertainment center and couch, rather than desk. Enlighten me :)

Favorite Answer

1) Computers are upgradable and won't get tossed aside in a year when the next "big thing" comes out.

2) Computers are backwards-compatible and can play games from 20 years ago.

3) Computers can be used for a great deal more than games.

That relies upon on who you ask. for my area i does not recreation on a console, yet others like it. I have heard some say that they prefer it as a results of controllers, yet that makes no experience because you should use those self same controllers with a pc. Hell, i take advantage of an X-field controller to play want For p.c. and different utilizing video games on my pc. *EDIT* i'd want to the contact upon what the guy below me suggested about pc's being killed through consoles. to some extent it fairly is authentic, even though it has not some thing to do with the hardware. It does although have each and everything to do with the actual shown actuality that builders are chasing the money, which in the present day is contained in the console market. sales are what drives progression, and with console sales turning out to be, fewer video games are being made for the pc. back, gaming on a console even as the accepted of the pc is so much better makes no experience to me, although, for human beings that can't have adequate money a pc, the console is truthfully a potential selection.

Well i think if u want to play with out problems i'd go for the console, but a computer can keep up with the new graphics that is coming into the new consoles, i just dont no! i think i'd go with a computer and get a really good processor.

Because Sony and Microsoft are losing money on every sale.