What type of exercises can I do to relieve this pain?

I am 30 weeks pregnant, and having sharp pain in my right hip and pelvic bones. It usually occurs when I take a step to the side. I was wondering if there are any exercises to stretch or strengthen this area. I do all of the other stretches and exercises (pelvic tilts, kegals, "angry cat", leg, arm and back stretches) Have you experienced this pain, and what did you do to alleviate it?

Favorite Answer

If its sciatic nerve pain GOOD LUCK! I have that. It will get worst if you stand for long periods of times and also if you work in an office and sit in the same position all day even if you constanly stand. My doctor had to put me on maternity leave because of that. This pain is usually from your hip all the way down to your foot, it might be that or maybe it feels different?

Birth Control Pills

• mari m

You can try sleeping on your left side with a pillow between your knees/thighs. That helps to relieve pressure during the night which should then help during the day.

You're already doing all of the exercises I could think of so sorry I can't help you there.

Good luck!

Regards,

Mari

You may be experiencing a pinched nerve. If you normally sleep on your right side try switching to your left and vice versa. I had pain in one side that continued for months until I slept on the opposite side one night.

How about swimming? Or even just hanging out in the pool-- the water will help take the weight off your hips

yoga... unless you've got something very serious like a pinched nerve or a disc has slipped.. then it's talk to the doctor time and see if she or he can send you to a reasonable chiropractor.

go for a prenatal exercise it helps a lot

i found when all else failed while I was pregnant, i'd use ice to numb the hell out of whatever spot ached.