Are we capitalists with a side of _______ (place religion here)?

Just think about it. How much more do your wants rule your life than your religion? Is money really the thing we worship? Are our religions just a disguise? I think that the answer is a big yes for the general population. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Side of bacon please.

In all honesty, money is what pays for my house, health insurance, veterinarian, truck, boat,...HMMM sounds like I am a materialistic pig. Not, I am just a normal human being, trying to make a good life for myself, I work hard, no silver spoon here. I do love God, very much, but you are asking what really drives us. Number one, top priority, my family, BUT in order to provide for said family, I need my job. So, number one daily priority, my job is my first responsibility. I do nice things all day long to make the world a better place, and I am not being sarcastic, these things do not interfere with me getting my a s s to work. My beliefs are just that, mine, "religion" means "way of life", and I try to make that a good one, that causes no harm to others, and perhaps, helps out a few along the way.

technology is fallible - there are countless examples of theories and 'information' over the a protracted time that have later been shown fake or outmoded via new expertise; yet on the time those 'information' have been upheld as 'gospel reality' - a solid obtrusive occasion is Pluto being taught as a planet for generations of school little ones in the previous it grew to become into replaced to being an asteroid. technology is fallible; so consequently purely a fool might place their total faith in the 'reality' of technology and uphold technology itself as though it have been a 'god' in the way that many atheists do right here at R&S. the people who do that are followers of SCIENTISM (seem on wikipedia), that's the blind reverence of technology and an entire dependence on it to tutor all of the solutions in existence. No atheists might ever settle for that they save on with their ideals corresponding to a faith!

I think many in our society are money hungry swine with a side of fundemental slop. However, there are many that see money as what it is. A tool used for acquiring goods and services. Unfortunetly, many use money as they use their false gods. As methods of control and power, because in the true sense of life, they are to weak to justify themselves without others justifying their existence. When man created god, he created fear to control, when man created money, he created greed, which made money more pwerful than god. Look at how rich the churches are. Fear and greed, in a bond of filthy marriage to sieze the masses.

Atheism

I'd leave everything behind if necessary now. after all when I leave this plane of existence I can't take anything with me.

• Peace

this lady says no to material wants and desires ...

i can and do live without things ...

i have no needs other than food and a home for my kids

• jen

money rules everything,it all come down to if i can pay for that or not.

Damn you the guy before me that was exactly what I was thinking...bacon