Can you return something to a store which is no longer sold?

I bought these Abercrombie jeans a long time ago -- like a few months, during the spring. I never wore them, and I lost the receipt. They're actually not my style now, I don't like them now, so I want to return them. Again, never worn. But the style is no longer sold at Abercrombie. Can I return it? Obviously I won't get a return return, but perhaps a store credit? Anyone with similar experiences?

Favorite Answer

Many stores will give you a store credit if the jeans still have the original tags. However, the time frame is often 90 days at most. If the jeans went on sale at the store before they were discontinued probably the most you can get is the sale price. Doesn't hurt to try.

Are the tags (bar code) still on the merchandise? If yes, you could probally make an exchange or get store credit for the current selling price ( the may be on clearance). If you don't have the tags, you may have trouble returning the item, save time & donate them or re-sell them to a used clothing store (Buffalo Exchange).

Generally companies will only take a refund back if you bought it within 30 days. They are going to know that you haven't bought them within in the 30 days since they don't carry them any more. I would just call them and explain your situation and ask if they would be will to give you store credit.

• Rich Z

You have nothing to lose by bringing them back. Without a receipt it is probably store credit. Try it - if they want to keep you as a customer they might be cooperative.

you can't but sell them to some one else for some good money

doubtful..especially with no receipt...but..good luck...

i dont know