Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

How many people?

actually leave a tip in the jar at the drive thru window at Starbucks?

Personally I kinda think $4.15 for a mocha is enough. Just wondering if I am being stingy. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I know!

I don't tip at coffee houses.

Its ridiculous.

But my friend is a barrista and she thinks it stingy of people to not tip- like, she makes minimum wage and she says if you can pay 5$ for coffee, you can afford to leave a tip.

But i disagree. i mean, its a coffee shop. not a charity.

you shouldn't have to tip anyone that doesn't provide extra service not covered in the charge. for example, creating the coffee, handing it to you, and ringing you up is covered in the cost.

you shouldn't have to tip for that.

• Kitty

I don't do coffee nor starbucks for anything else. I will never tip at a fast food joint for I don't patronize them.

I tip soley at full service restaurants (& many other businesses) when the service is worth tipping. It is not my concern that the establishments only pay $1 wage or whatever it is. Anyone working at low wage places need to be prepared to deal with low wages and not expect everyone else to fund their life.

I was a waitress, been there done that, moved on and will do it again if I had to but I certainly will not expect other people to tip me out of obligation.... TIPPING IS OPTIONAL !! NOT A LAW!

Source(s): Happy Saturday! : )
  • msuzyq

I usually leave the change or a dollar. Anyone who works in a service industry has a thankless job. They have a tip jar because some of those drinks are hard to make. I try to think "what if I were an employee here?"

I wouldn't. We don't tip McD's drive-thru people. Why Starbucks?

Although if it's an independent place, I'll leave my change in the jar. They have to split it all anyway, which I don't agree with, but I'm sure they appreciate it.

Yeah, I never do either. In fact, I never leave a tip at any coffee house. It's not the same as a waiter in a restaurant.

Usually the SDtarbucks i have been in give more of that change out to make ujp for the wierd prices with taxes.. Just to round things off...

I did once ... the chicky at the window gave my dog a biscut. I though that was a extra nice gesture and worthy of a tip.

To be honest. I agree with you. No tip for any drive through services. Teh prices are high enough as it is.

• Bright

Not me. Their pricing is a bit too ex. So I think not necessary.

yes me too! what the hack are their paychecks for???