What is the best carpet/upholstery deep cleaning machine you can buy?

I have thought about renting a Rug Doctor, but for the amount I use it with Pets and Kids at home, I would rather invest in a deep cleaner that will hold up over time and really do a great job. I have professionals come out about twice a year, but i still need something powerful to help me between their visits.

Favorite Answer

Bissell Steam Pro----read all instructions, the key is in the rinse.

Probably a rug doctor is the most powerful machine a consumer can use in home.

However, for home use machines like a rug doctor cannot come close to the performance of commercial cleaning machines with heat and suction (lift). Every 10 degrees above 120. Doubles the efficiency of extraction cleaning process the magic number for most cleaners is 220. Degrees home cleaning machines cannot reach or maintain these cleaning temperatures because of this home cleaning units require more cleaning chemicals.

higher cleaning temperatures =less cleaning chemicals and better soil removal, and faster drying

I have three children all toddlers and believe me I rely on my steam cleaner I always use the Bissell Little Green to keep on top of the stains It is a compact model great for stairs and upolstry and day to day stains and spills but I dont recommend it for large cleaning like an entire living room( too much work for me lol). I still use companies for that size of cleaning hope this helps