sinai asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Can someone please suggest a animal shelter in central New Jersey I can work at?

Right now, I'm currently working at a nursing home. It ****** sucks!!!!!!! I'm only a waitress and have no control of the orders and how they're made ( I only serve them) and yet the old people at the nursing home complain and even threw food at me because I gave them the "wrong order" (eventhough everyone basically eats the same food.) Anyway I really want to work with animals. I love and have alot of expierence with both cats and dogs. Sorry, working at this place is making me less and less a "people person". I've searched many shelters online and in my area but many are just voluteer work. I really want to work with animals as a permanent job. Can anyone help me by giving me a helpful website or advice on how to pursue this? Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Just like you when I get older I want to work with animals. I looked into working as a HLEO with ASPCA (Animal Precinct)

Which is in New York, by the way.

I used to live in Jersey, im guessing your just going to have to look around there is a Shelter (im not sure what this city is never heard of it, but heres the site.) because usally most shelters say Volunteer, but there usually no Employment tab, but i was looking and I found this Shelter.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NJ54.html

im not familiar with the area, but theres a show on animal planet called animal precinct and it might be in new jersy i cant remember for sure. you could probably find out by going to discoverychannel.com

oh, srry bout that, thought it was worth sayin anyways, thnx for setin me straight