There is a slight rattling noise on the driver side, rear tire?

EVERY TIME I GO OVER A UNEVEN PAVEMENT WITH BUMPS OR SMALL POTHOLES THERE IS A LIGHT RATTLING NOISE ON THE DRIVERS SIDE TIRE. I WAS THINKING IT MIGHT BE THE WHEEL BEARINGS THAT MIGHT NEED TO BE REPLACED OR SOMETHING LOOSE MAYBE THE BRAKE CALIPER BUT I AM NOT SURE, IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I MIGHT BE MISSING HERE? (THE CAR IS A 1994 ACURA INTEGRA LS 2 DOOR)

Favorite Answer

is it the muffler

Its very doubtful that its the bearings. Take the tire off and take a look up around the tire well. It doesnt sound like something that needs immidiate attention, or is a saftey risk.

Good thought, I would definitley check the capiler, brake, and shocks.

Best case scenario, you just have something stuck under there.

It's doubtfull that it's wheel bearings.

Could be a number of things.

Shock bushing, park brake cable, wheel cover, caliper or pads, trailing arm bushing.

Kick the tire and listen for the noise.

impossible to diagnose rattles over the information superhighway i'm afraid, you will would desire to ascertain the vehicle and mirror the situations yet i'd choose for a unfastened/worn/broken suspension bush or bracket someplace. Take it to a storage. (a real storage I recommend, no longer KwikFit)

it might be in the brake system or you could have a loose strut or shock.did you check the exhaust system,maybe you got a hanger broke.