I have had people send me emails and I am not recieving them what could be the problem?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • gare
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Many things could be the issue, 3 of which are:

1- They never really sent anything

2 - Their email outbound server is not working

Tell them to resend the meail with it addressed to a another friend as well, see if they get it but you do not.

3 - You email filter is blocking their email

What email are you using? Many now have filters an deither block or redirect the email to a junk mail folder. Add them to your approved contacts list and try again.

What email are they using? Sometimes they can set theirs to tell them when the email has been delivered to your email server, at least you would then be able to see how far it is getting. And, as stated by the first answerer, make sure the address is perfect. Easiest thing is to send your friend an email then have them reply to it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Are their addresses in your address book? And make sure they are correct .Some programs require exact address such as small or large casings and hyphens etc. Double check to make sure. Sometimes you could have put in .com when it shold be .net.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

have you checked your spam folder and if they are nit there it might Be a wrong address if it continues contact yahoo help center

• 1 decade ago

wrong address?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.